DIPLOMA IN EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP
The qualification has been created to develop learners’ understanding of policy, management theory and practice in education. It provides learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals and policy makers and will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective manager in the education sector.
The qualification also combines both theoretical and practical knowledge in the education profession and will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective performance and team leadership. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within education administration and/or management.
- Leadership Qualities and Practice in Education
- Contemporary Issues in Education: Theory, Policy and Practice
- Managing Change in an Educational Context
- Pedagogy and Practice in Education
- Leading Reflective Practice in Education
- Research Methods in Education
- To understand and apply the principles of management strategy in an educational environment
- Review and apply the principles of educational leadership within industry
- To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship between
- management theories and their practical application in education.
- Analyse problem-solving techniques specific to education.
- Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Manage one’s own personal development and growth.
- Level 6 Qualification or;
- First Degree